[Answer ID: 14172]
Firmware Update for Buffalo Wireless Devices
We recommend you to update for hardware issues or other problems that can be resolved with a firmware update.
Please visit http://www.buffalotech.com to select your region and go support -> downloads and check for product updates prior to starting this process.
This involves downloading a newer firmware from the Buffalo website.
- Place the wireless router IP address into the address bar of a browser. Log onto the router with admin and admin password.
- Click on Update AirStation Firmware or Advanced / Admin Config, then Firmware Update/Upgrade.
- To update the firmware, press the Browse button and search for the downloaded firmware file, which you've probably downloaded to your desktop.
- Once located, press the Firmware Update button. The firmware update process takes about 90 seconds. Usually, your settings will be retained; you will probably not have to redo any configuration.
- If the Firmware Update don't provide the expected solution, you would have to reset the unit.